Sunday, September 19, 2010

The mystery of the missing items

Halle is into getting into things and hiding them. One day a few weeks ago while I was getting ready she was at my feet so to distract her I emptied out my makeup bag and was let her play with it and the next thing I knew she was out of the room with it. After a few minutes I went out to the family room so I could get the makeup bag and put the makeup back in it and put it away. But I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked and looked, but nothing. We needed to go somewhere so I thought I'd just look for it later. So I went to get Halle's shoes and one of them was missing. I looked around for the shoe a bit but couldn't find anything. I figured I'd have to look more later.

So later, I started looking again for both items with no luck. I looked under couches, in cupboards, anywhere I could think of. I was especially bummed about the shoe because I had just boughten the shoes and they were really cute but she couldn't wear them with just one shoe.

Almost two weeks went by with no shoe or makeup bag showing up when one day, I was in Halle's room looking for a book and noticed that one was slid under her dresser and the corner was sticking out. She had obviously pushed it under there because I don't think it would have gotten there any other way. So I pulled the book out, and it got me thinking, I wonder what other books she might have pushed under there? So I moved the dresser (it's a pretty small one) and there were a handful of books shoved under there along with some other items including the makeup bag and the shoe! She had decided this was her little hiding place to store things! It just cracked me up. She seems so little to be doing something like that but she is a smart little thing. What a funny girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment