Saturday, October 15, 2011

Halloween cookie making

I love making sugar cookies for holidays. This time we were making them to take around for our neighborhood "Boo". It was a two day process. First night, we made the dough, cut out the cookies, and baked them.The next night, we frosted. The kids had a blast and I'm pretty sure more frosting ended up in their mouths than actually on the cookies. They would frost them, get their hands all sticky, then run to the bathroom and wash them, then come back for more and get them sticky all over again.
Luke figured out the best way to clean up spilled frosting...why not just lick it up?

One of the times Halle went back to wash her hands after a few minutes I realized she was taking a lot longer than usual. So I went back in there to see that she had gotten the soap dispenser and was squirting a ton of hand soap into her hands and rubbing it all over her hair. Her hair was completely matted down and bubbling with soap bubbles. She was so proud that she was washing her hair all by myself. I felt really bad because I had to take her into the tub and rinse the soap out, which I knew was going to hurt if it got in her eyes. I tried to be careful, but it was too hard and some got in her eyes. Poor girl!

We still had a fun night, though. We went and delivered the cookies to neighbors and the kids loved it. I ran the cookie plates up the door and jumped in the car and ran and the kids thought it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment