Friday, October 7, 2011

Midnight snacks

Lately Halle has been waking up a lot at night. Usually, she is crying. So of course I go in to check on her and she says, "Mommy, I hungry. I need snack." And of course I can't resist those big eyes and that cute, high pitched crackly nighttime voice.

So I take her out to the kitchen, and guess what her request is every time - "Crackers and peanut butter, Mommy." So I give her her usual spoonful of peanut butter (yes, she loves eating it out of a spoon) and a handful of fishy crackers. Then, I fill up her bottle with water and a tiny bit of juice and take her back to room and rock her in her rocking chair and sing her her favorite song, The Barney "I Love You" song, and after that she is perfectly content to go back to sleep.

Sometimes in the middle of the night when I am woken up to her crying I am tired and a bit grumpy that I have to get up again, but the second and see her sweet face my heart melts and I am perfectly happy to take her into the kitchen and spend a little extra time with her. So the other night when it happened I decided to grab my camera and document our little nighttime snack time, because I know I'll look back to these memories and love them. I already do.




No comments:

Post a Comment